Call for Abstracts: Online Abstract Submission Site open from February 1 to March 9, 2023.
- Submitting Your Abstract FAQs - Click Here
- Abstract Submission Planning Guide - Click Here
Please read the abstract submission planning guide in its entirety. This guide includes submission criteria, guidelines, program areas, and a worksheet. You will be able to edit your abstract as many times as necessary before the March 9 deadline.
- New GSA President James Nelson shares his outlook for the year ahead.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about Conference Workshop Applications.
- Enhance your career by presenting your research at the most prestigious gathering of experts in the field of aging
- Discuss your study findings with over 3,700 attendees from more than 36 countries
- Multiple presentation options include papers, posters, and symposia
- Accepted abstracts are published in Innovation in Aging, a fully Open Access online journal of The Gerontological Society of America
- Build strategic partnerships and turn challenges into opportunities
- Over $10,000 in travel grants available to early career investigators, trainees, and students participating in the GSA Annual Scientific Meeting
- Dozens of journalists cover the GSA Annual Scientific Meeting; abstracts have been referenced in outlets such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, NBC News, BBC, Reuters, Associated Press, Time, U.S. News & World Report, and others—with millions of media impressions each year!
The abstract submission fee is a processing fee that is nonrefundable (regardless of acceptance). Once the abstract has been submitted, it is considered processed.
- Professional Paper or Poster: $45
- Student Paper or Poster: $25
- Symposium: $55
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023 - Online Abstract Submission Opens
- Wednesday, February 1 to Thursday, February 23, 2023 - Call for Abstract Reviewers (GSA members only)
- Thursday, March 9, 2023 - Online Abstract Submission Deadline
- Wednesday, February 1 – Thursday, March 9, 2023 - Conference Workshop Application Deadline
- Early June - Abstract Acceptance/Non-Acceptance Email Notifications to Submitters (schedule and session information to be sent in July)
- Tuesday, June 27 to Monday, July 31, 2023 - Self-nominations open for paper/poster awards and travel stipends
- Mid July, 2023 - Abstract Schedule and Session Information Email Notifications
- Friday, July 14, 2023 - Late Breaking Poster Abstract Submission Opens; details will be available in July
Please note: Program Areas open for Late Breaker Poster Abstracts Submissions are: Behavioral and Social Sciences (priority will be given to GSA student and transitional members and non-member students. Membership Levels); Biological Sciences; Health Sciences; Social Research, Policy, and Practice; and Academy for Gerontology in Higher Education
- Monday, July 31, 2023 - Speaker ASM Registration and Withdrawal Deadline
- Thursday, August 24, 2023 - Late Breaking Poster Abstract Submission Deadline
- Early October - Late Breaking Poster Abstract Decision Email Notification
All presenters are required to register to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting. Register by 11:59 PM ET, September 1, 2023, to receive the special “Early Bird” rate.
Accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement issue of Innovation in Aging, under the title: Program Abstracts from the GSA 2023 Annual Scientific Meeting. The Abstract Book will be available electronically only.
The abstract information published in the Abstract Book will appear exactly as provided in the abstract submission (i.e., author information: names, institution/organization, city, state, country; abstract title; abstract text).
For any speaker-related questions and/or comments, email email@example.com.